I spy a zebra,
A fish that's a clown.
A green swimming frog
and a mermaid upside down.
I spy a lion,
A long lost shoe.
A pair of goggles for your face
And a duckie just for you!
Sorry for the lame poem, but this picture reminded me so much of an I Spy book my children had as toddlers. What's pictured here is just about a third of my newest loot of pool toys. However, before I could get my hands on these I had to face this ...
That's right people. I am now apparently what they call a "dumpster diver". I think this may be the lowest I've ever sunk to get something cheap. I'll go back and explain. A few weeks ago I got tipped off about our pool throwing away everything in its Lost and Found bin. I had seen this bin. It was overflowing with stuff. And some really nice stuff too! Since we seem to lose so many of our own pool toys, I could stand to pick up a few more items. I inquired a bit about when those things had been thrown in the dumpster and found out they had been tossed only the day before. That meant the trash bag of toys should have been right there at the opening right? Later that evening I had Chad drive me back over to the dumpster so I could start my "diving". I wasn't sure what I was about to get into, but now that everything is said and done (and clean), it was totally worth it. I estimate I collected about 75 to 100 dollars worth of stuff. I soaked everything in bleach and now we have a mountain of new pool toys that we can lose all over again. I guarantee it won't take long!



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete