Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Our Fourth

Yesterday was July 4th. No fireworks for us, but we did manage to get down to my parents for some hot dogs, hamburgers, and vintage toy play! My kids always ask to play with "the house" when visiting Grammie and Papa's. It's the Fisher Price Little People house from late 70's/early 80's ish. Remember the bright blue house with the yellow roof? Although probably not safer, I do think think this era of Little People toys are so much better than the big, chunky plastic ones of today.




I think this "Little Snoopy" pull toy is probably for a toddler, but it kept Layton entertained for a few moments.


As children, I can remember my sister and I playing Barbie for hours. These particular ones were before my time, but it was still fun to remember.   

An outfit for Skipper. I think this one was dated 1963. We love the detail!

Skipper!

It was so strange to see something that wasn't made in China.

This could have been Barbie's Fourth of July outfit!

My mom couldn't remember who Francie was, but evidently she had her own faux leather jacket with fur trim.

Anyone up for lunch with Barbie and Midge?

No comments:

Post a Comment