Saturday, July 16, 2011

Capturing the moment

Sarah Meredith comes up to me and wants to put on this costume dress. She wants to be Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. She wants desperately to have a real Aurora dress, but decides this will do because it's pink. I love this dress! I have visions of taking her picture in it while she twirls around in front of a dark gray backdrop. Knowing by the time I get around to doing that she will have outgrown the dress, I decide to grab my camera and capture the moment while it's happening. Bangs in her face. Hair that hasn't been brushed in days. Still wearing pajamas at 1 o'clock in the afternoon. Yes, this is my true daughter.





1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures Emily! I love seeing bits of your children and your life. This series is just too cute (and you know that is not a word I use very much).

    ReplyDelete