Our family just got back from a great Memorial Day weekend trip to Myrtle Beach. One afternoon we decided to go to visit this old house called Atalaya. I was trying to get some decent pictures of the kids, but I wish I had payed more attention to the historical significance of the place rather than trying to get good shots of the kids. For one, I really love history and two, I don't think I ended up with many good pictures. Sarah Meredith was pretty good, but Layton was just too exhausted to deal with pictures. Oh well.
The bear pens!
C'mon Layton, look alive!
We had already seen where the original owners of the house kept their horses, bears and dogs. Sarah stops at this slab of concrete and says, "This is where the snakes rested". I didn't think much of that statement until she then remarked, "And because this house is so old, this snake has been dead a long time!" I then realized she thought the rusted metal coil attached to the concrete was once a real snake. Of course it's very old and very dead by now!
And so that was our visit to Atalaya!


















No comments:
Post a Comment