A while back, Sarah Meredith had picked up a book at the library about giving up your pacifiers. I was surprised she wanted to get such a book since she mirrors a crack addict when it comes to her and her "E" (She has always called her pacifier an "E"). However, she really took to the book and adopted a few favorite phrases. They were "Put the passy in the trashy" and "Passys aren't forever!" I hadn't planned on her giving up her passy anytime soon. Mostly because I hadn't figured out what weaning technique would work for her. Even still, I figured I could at least use those two phrases sometime in the future.
Sarah and I took a trip to Target last weekend and not surprisingly she found a stuffed animal that she just had to have. It was a little stuffed penguin. After checking the price, I told her she could keep that penguin, but she would have to throw all her pacifiers away when we got home. I was a little nervous about making this proposition, but I saw an opportunity and I went with it. Well, she let out a nervous laugh and said she wanted to put the penguin back on the shelf. Upon placing the penguin back, she spotted a big (and more expensive) stuffed lion. Well that lion sealed the deal with her. She took the lion home, collected all her passys, threw them in the trash and hasn't looked back since. I really couldn't have asked it to go any better. I'm quite proud of her considering how addicted she was to them. I don't regret giving her a passy as a baby, but if I were to do it over again I would have taken it away a lot sooner. That lion must be really something though. They are so happy together!
No comments:
Post a Comment